Friday, July 11, 2008

A Very Busy Week!



Thank goodness the work week is just about over so that we can focus on some downtime & rest! My 4 1/2 yr old Evan started daycamp this week so its been hectic! I'll post some cute pics a bit later this weekend after I get caught up from the week away from bloggin'!!

Because it was so busy this week, I have very little (ok, zero) time in my stamping space until last night. To be completely honest, I really just wanted to go find my bed at 930pm last night but I had to make a male birthday card for someone at work for his celebration lunch today ...so off I went to whip something up. I seem to have hundreds of cards on hand for just about everything EXCEPT male cards!!!

Here's what I came up with using the stamp set 'On The Fly' (109320). I recently purchased this set and was delighted to find out it is NOT retiring in August so I'm sure I will get plenty of usage out of it in the coming year!!
I used the colors Chocolate Chip & Certainly Celery together - I thought it created a nice summer 'male' feel. I also used the Designer Paper Series (Certainly Celery) to give some design to the background. Rather than just 2-step stamping the caught fish onto the main fisherman image, I stamped the fish on a separate piece of whisper white cardstock, cut it out and them popped it up using dimensionals. Not sure how well you can see that in the picture...
Off to Evan's last day at daycamp & work for me but I will definitely be back on the weekend with more updates, samples and a BIG, BIG announcement! Have a SUNNY Friday everyone!

No comments: