Sunday, May 9, 2010

First Communion Favors

As promised, here are the favors I made for my friend at work for her son's First Communion sacrament this past weekend!

I started out with some candles, which Liz found at a local store


I thought they would be nice with some rub ons so I used one image type rub on for one of the candles and a saying for the other


On to packaging the candles... I used Stampin' Up! Large Cello Bags and added a 4x4 Pendant 'Thank You' Note using the 'Refuge & Strength' stamp set; 'Special Blessings' stamp set, 'Thank You Kindly' stamp set, some Chocolate Chip cardstock and some Jumbo Brads. On the inside of the card, I also used a saying from the 'Curvy Verses' stamp set.


Then I worked on the topper. I used Chocolate Chip & Old Olive cardstock to coordinate with the candles and added a saying stamp from the Refuge & Strength set. I also added the bird with branches (XLg Two-Step Bird Punch) to coordinate back with the First Communion Invitations Liz used. I used Kraft & Chocolate Chip cardstock, and doubled the branches up to create a multi-layer / shadowing effect.



And here's the final product!
Hope you've enjoyed it :o) Be back tomorrow with some information about May classes!

No comments: