Saturday, February 28, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy...

I've been busy creating projects for the PERFECT PARTY event, to be held next Saturday March 7th, in St. Thomas! I'm getting very excited for this event, after all its been months since our last super-huge vendor party in Dorchester, held just before Christmas!

I didn't think I was going to have too much of an opportunity to work on 3D items like boxes, purses etc. before the event, but I got on a roll last evening and went with it! Thought I would share another one of the projects I will have for sale at the event this coming weekend - I'll continue to post more creations as the week goes on. These boxes are sometimes called 'Explosion Boxes' or 'Mystery Boxes' - regardless of what they are called - they are SO MUCH FUN to make!
I wanted to use up some of some my retired Designer Paper for the projects I'm selling at this event so I pulled out my Ginger Blossom DP and some of the retired '08 In Colors (River Rock). I did combine the retired products with new products though, which just speaks volumes about the versality of Stampin' Up!s product line year-over-year! I used the 'Fifth Avenue Floral' and a retired Level 1 Hostess from the Fall/Winter IB&C to stamp the inside of the box. The ribbon is the retired River Rock double-stitch ribbon. For the lid of the box, I used Cameo Coral & retired River Rock textured cardstock, along with my new 'Simple Flower' Embosslits
Die & the Big Shot to create the flowers! OMGosh - I love these little dies! You have got to try them out! Finally, I added some Silver Brads, and used one of my favorite word sets 'Fancy Flexible Phrases' (retired...sorry) to stamp a saying and punched that out using the Word Window punch! I popped just 1 of the flowers up using Stampin' Dimensions to give the lid some height.

Still trying to figure out if I'll fill the boxes with something before putting them up for sale - or just leave them empty so that everyone can open them up & see the inside!! What do you think?
Thanks for stopping by today!


No comments: