Monday, August 30, 2010

Craft Room Renos!

Where have I been?

Well, the answer to that is two-fold...

1) I've enjoyed some vacation time with my family and even though we went away for just 1 of our 2 weeks of holidays, I wanted to take a bit of time away from the computer and focus on outdoor activities (while the weather is still cooperating :o)

and

2) My craft room is undergoing a bit of a face-lift so I haven't been in it as much as usual!!

These picture were taken while Andreas (my friend & the Electrician that helped me) was working on his piece. The countertop has been delivered (not shown yet), and the cabinetry is on its way! Next steps are to have the installer come in for a day to assemble the cabinets; have Andreas come back to finish under-the-cabinet lighting and the wiring for a small T.V and then complete the room with decor & display shelving!!



I am so excited about plans to enhance my Craft Room and thought I would share some information with you. If you are a regular class attendee, or your participate in my monthly club events, you may have noticed some changes occurring in my room!

The wall shown above will soon be filled with more cabinetry as well as some counter top! The objective of this renovation is to clean up the workspace (from a visual perspective) and provide more storage & counter top space for workstations (i.e a Big Shot station; a heat embossing station; a cutting station etc)! I have spent about 4 months planning the reno's and could not have done it without the help of one of my customers (and now friend) Alicia Kostyria! More to come on Alicia in a later post!



I will be sure to share more pictures of the reno's and of course the completed project. I fully plan to start calling my room a CRAFT STUDIO once this is all over! I think the space will truly reflect a comfortable, creative and inspiring environment for my customers and that is exactly what I was going for during this process!

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a fantastic week everyone!!

No comments: