Wednesday, June 18, 2008

When Vacation Time DOESN'T = Stamping Time

Do you ever find that you have really high hopes for extra stamping time when vacation times roll around... only to realize you are more busy with odds & ends than when you are actually working???

I had a 'TO DO' list a mile long for this week and I've barely put a dent in it! Some of my friends would say that I set my expectations too high. This might be true. The upside to this week has been that without a hectic 'work' schedule, I have slept more, shopped more and enjoyed our day-to-day house/school/sports ... family stuff more! All-in-all, not a bad week then :o)

So, one of the things I had wanted to do this week was re-organize my Craft Room. I had painted it last summer but have really struggled with finding the perfect way to store my supplies and organize the room to be as functional as possible - do I go the pantry way, or shelving, or bins? So hard to decide! One thing I did actually decide on (today) was this:

An over-the-door shoe storage system that I'm using for my punches! I LOVE IT! It was a great find at Canadian Tire, on sale for just under $10! This particular holder is part of the Debbie Travis line so there are lots of coordinating storage bins etc. should I go in that direction. I'm a bit of a punch addict (as I'm sure you've already noted) but this holder can be used for much more than just punches...

Check these pics out where I substituted some punches with ink pads, tools & markers. I think it would work well with rolls of ribbon too if you needed it for that! I'm so happy that I finally made a storage decision (granted a small one) for my room! With this find, I now have a free/empty drawer & countertop where these punches used to call home!!



Be back tomorrow with some 'teaser' pictures for some upcoming classes! Have a great night!

No comments: