Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Where would our kids be without coaches?

From personal experience, I can tell you many stories about how certain coaches over the years have influenced the person I am today! When you really think about it - coaches not only teach you skills & techniques in various activities - they instill values that can often last a lifetime!

That said, I already had a very deep respect for coaches in general. But now as I see my son grow and explore the world by getting involved in various activities and sport, I am beginning to see the influence his coaches have had on him! For these reasons, I think it is so important that we continually show our support and appreciation to these men & women that give up their time to guide our kids. We should thank them for spending time strengthening our children's minds & bodies and energize their little spirits to excel in whatever they set their minds to doing!

I created this 5x5 Journal book for our Dorchester Jr Tyke's coach Mike Cormier! Mike represents everything we love about hockey in Canada... respect for the sport, players and the rules. He has more energy than most of the 5 year olds he coaches, and makes sure that the kids understand that amoungst all of the hype with this all-Canadian game - it can and should be FUN for our kids!
As much as I hope he likes the look of the book, the real meaning of our messages to Mike are found on the pages within - in the words and sentiments of families that appreciate all that Mike (as well as his assistant coaches) have done for our kids. Just imagine a community without coaches! Take time to thank one today :o)

No comments: