Sunday, September 12, 2010

September Holiday Club Projects!

September is just flying by and I'm having some trouble balancing everything again so as mentioned in the past ...the blog posting is one of the first things I have to drop so that I can focus on my classes / clubs and customers (and of course my work & family too)!

I think I'm getting things back to normal now... Almost caught up from summer vacation at work, Evan's settled at school, my craft room is back to a functional state and Fall sports have begun! Yup - that sounds about normal :o)

Ok, onto some projects! Today I'm sharing two of the 4 cards we made at this month's Holiday Club events! I love this card, particularly because it's simple, but stunning! I found inspiration for this card on our demonstrator gallery 'Stampin' Connection'. Melanie Kiechle's card was made with just 1 color of cardstock plus the vellum - which looked stunning - but I chose to add a color so that I was working the combination of Real Red, Marina Mist & Certainly Celery!

These cards also allowed the gals to try out the new Impression Folder 'Northern Flurry'! Don't forget that this folder will be a part of my upcoming Impressions Preorder Class (Sept 30th). You can find out more about this class by clicking here!

Finally, everyone agreed that these cards, and in particular the snowflakes created with the Impression Folders would not be complete without some embellishing! The girls were invited to bling up their cards with either the Rhinestones or the Pearls! Fun, fun, fun!

Here are the cards individually and up close. First, the Real Red card accented with the Basic Pearls:


And, this is the Marina Mist card, layerd on Certainly Celery and accented with the Basic Rhinestone Jewels:

See you again in a few days when I will share the other 2 cards made at the September Holiday Club events!

No comments: