Saturday, January 10, 2009

Thank You Stamp-A-Stack Samples

Thought you could all use a break from all of the Retiring List posts... As exciting & busy as it is, I don't want to forget about posting my class projects for you to see!

This past Tuesday night, I demonstrated, and then we made the following 3 cards (2 of each card for a total of 6 cards).

The inspiration for the first card was taken from SCS - I just modified the colors used a bit, changed the ribbon, and added a different saying. I knew I wanted to use the layout & the stamp set 'Bella Blossoms' for one of the projects at this 'Thank You' Stamp-A-Stack!! I can tell this stamp set will be one of my 2009 FAVs!


Stamps: Bella Blossoms
Cardstock: Ruby Red, So Saffron, Very Vanilla
Ink: VersaMark, Basic Gray
Accessories: Pastels, Sponge Daubers, 5/8 inch Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon
The second card uses a Retiring Stamp Set (Thanks For Everything) and some Retiring Designer Paper! I'm ashamed to say that this was one of the first times I had played around with Hawaii Papaya Designer Paper - it won't be the last! Not sure why the picture makes the color look like red - it is actually Tangerine Tango! The girls got to make 1 Tango color card and 1 Kiwi Kiss color card for this project! A very simple card to duplicate!
Stamps: Thanks For Everything
Cardstock: Whisper White, Hawii Papaya
Ink: Tangerine Tango
Accessories: Tangerine Tango 5/8 inch Striped Ribbon
The final project was also inspired by something I saw on SCS! Again, I really like the layout of this card, but needed to change the colors so that I could show the ladies how much fun TANGERINE TANGO is to work with. And, since this color cardstock is on the Inventory Blowout List - it provided them a card idea to re-create at home if they choose to order this color cardstock! Again, I changed up the color combination and the Designer Paper used for this project. I also gave guests the option to choose their own embellishment so that they could see the 'Pretties' and 'Flower Fusion' Kits. They added a little bling to their projects by selecting either the Rhinestone Brads to the flowers!
Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly
Cardstock: Tangerine Tango, Frosty Day Designer Paper, Basic Gray or Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, Pretties or Flower Fusion Kits, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Hope you are enjoying your weekend so far! We've had a fairly busy weekend here so far, and there's more to get through tomorrow, so I'm guessing my stamping time will be limited this weekend...BUT I still have about a 1/2 dozen projects made over the Holidays that I've yet to post so I'm not worried about keepin' up next week :o) Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments: