Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Mother's Day To Remember!

Evan's handmade gift for Mommy from JK class!

Today, Mom's all over the world take a bit of a break and let their families 'appreciate' them!
This would be my 4th Mother's Day but I have to say...it definitely came with more meaning this year. As Evan gets older and begins to make his presents for me (instead of my DH), as he begins to learn about a 'day off' for Mommy, it becomes much more of a special day indeed! In addition to this, my Mom (who has been my ultimate hero for many, many years) was not well enough to celebrate with all of us so the day was ....let's just say ... bitter sweet. My Mom is on her way to recovering but WE MISSED HER today and that was definitely evident today!

I have such an appreciation for Mom's... so I hope that all Mom's out there got a chance to sit back, kick your feet up and do something that you love doing today!

I got to sleep in (which almost never happens and it was SOOOO NICE), then I was awakened with a gift from Evan. Evan actually came home from both daycare & school last week with handmade gifts so I kinda saw them in advance and thought that was what was behind his back but as he began talking about his gift, I realized it was something else!!

He said "Ok Mommy, I made you something really, really nice. I think you can take it to work and put in on your desk and it will make you think if me all of the time" Like I don't do that anyway ... but how cute is that!!

And here's what he made me (with some help from Rod):

A desk calendar with pictures of Evan from the months of May 2008 to December 2008. The backs of every picture have hand drawn pictures from Evan and "Love You Mommy" in his own writing... How true it is that handmade gifts hold far greater feeling & meaning that store bought gifts (in my opinion :o)

So, I thought I would share a few of the pictures the boys picked out & included in the calendar ...

I hope all of you Mom's out there enjoyed your day and that you continue to be appreciated long after this day ends! I'll be back tomorrow with some samples for an upcoming home party I'm doing this week! Can't wait!!

No comments: