Saturday, April 4, 2009

Big Shot Butterflies!



I created this 6x6 scrapbook page as part of my HodgePodge 101 class display. I challenged myself to try to use 1 of each piece of the hardware kit on various projects including cards, 3D projects and scrapbook pages! I was really happy with how this page turned out!

I started with Summer Sun cardstock and layered on some 'Good Morning Sunshine' Designer Paper. Then I stamped the butterfly image from the new 'Great Friend' stamp set found in the Occasions Mini! I have no doubt that this stamp set will quickly become a stampin' favorite!!

I layered a bit of Chocolate Chip cardstock down as a matte for a future picture and added my Styled Silver HodgePodge frame with the month of May stamped in Chocolate Chip ink. The May image comes from the stamp set 'Full Calendar'.

Finally, I used my Big Shot 'Beautiful Butterflies Bigz' die, and more Good Morning Sunshine Designer Paper to create some butterflies to layer and complete my page. Before adhesing to my page, I added 2 brads from the Styled Silver HodgePodge kit to hold the 2 butterfly layers together and used Stampin' Dimensionals to pop them up on my page so that I can easily slide my picture beneath them as needed!

Thanks for stopping by today - feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think of the projects this week!

No comments: