Thursday, April 2, 2009

CASE'd From The Spring Summer Idea Book & Catalogue!


CASE = Copy And Share Everything!

One of the reasons the Stampin' Up! catalogue is called an 'Idea Book' is because it is packed with wonderful project ideas & inspiration - intended for COPYING! People often ask me where I get my inspiration for my projects and while I have a number of favorite places, the IB&C is at the top of that list!! When I'm running short of time (and/or creativity), I pop open my IB&C and find something I can create (or re-create :o) You can view the Spring/Summer IB&C online by visiting my business website OR you can contact me to get your very own book of inspiration!(lisaburns@rogers.com).

This card uses one of my favorite things lately...TEXTURED CARDSTOCK! If you haven't seen, or tried it yet... you must check it out! Textured cardstock is available in all 48 colors, plus the Neutrals & 'In Color' colors. It really is amazing to work with!

To recreate the card found on Page 98, I started with regular cardstock (Almost Amethyst) and layered on the same color, but textured cardstock and while this picture doesn't allow for the contrast to show - in person - you can see the effect!! I then used my Trio Flower Punch and the textured Almost Amethyst cardstock to add flowers to the card front and added a little dot to each flower using the Uni-Ball Signo Gel pen! The butterflies were made using the 'Flight Of The Butterfly' stamp set and just behind the butterflies is one of the frames from the set 'Frames with a Flourish'. I stamped the saying in White Craft ink but then added some Winter White Embossing Powder to the word to make them more defined on my card.

What project have you CASE'd from the Spring/Summer Idea Book & Catalogue?

Enjoy!

No comments: