Monday, September 15, 2008

Cards By Request!

Ever since my Step-Dad was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, I started bringing my handmade cards into work every Friday to sell them - with 100% of the proceeds going directly to the Cancer Clinic at LHSC. The cards have gone over really, really well with my friends at work - each Friday they pour over all of the new additions to the basket and are able to pick up a card here & a card there for weekend events like birthday parties or friend get-togethers etc.

Recently, my friend Shannon made a donation to my cause and asked me to make her 2 'Thinking Of You' cards. I love making custom cards because it allows me to really think about what I know of the person, what he or she would like, the color combos, the theme etc. and then to watch their expression when they see what I produce for them - its awesome! That might just be the biggest reason I enjoying creating handmade things... to see the expression on people's faces when they see 'their' very own personalized card!!

Here's what I made for Shannon - I made her 2 of these cards:

The picture to the right is the inside of the card - although the way the color turned out it almost looks like a red card...but its not. I used the NEW Tangerine Tango color with So Saffron Designer Series Paper and Old Olive accessories (5/8 inch ribbon and Flower Fusion). I also used some Vintage Brads in the flowers. I'm loving the stamp set Eastern Blooms from the new Fall Winter Idea Book & Catalogue - did you know that this set is currently 15% off???

I did get the inspiration for this card layout on SCS - unfortunately the site is having some technical issues and I can't get into my favorites to find the name of the original creator...but I will and I will update this post with her name!

Email me to get your set before the promotion is over!

No comments: