Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Almost 500 hits! BLOG CANDY - Who's out there?

Hi There!

I seem to learn something new everyday about 'blogging' and although I'm not really sure if I'm doing things the way they are intended all of the time - I'm having a blast with this form of communication! That said, the whole point of the Blog is to reach out and extend my communication beyond the traditional email distribution lists so in honour of almost reaching '500' hits on my Blog, I'd like to offer some Blog Candy as a thank you to those that have been checking in each day/week for a glimpse into my Stampin' World.

So, here's how I think Blog Candy works...

While checking out my Blog, leave me a comment. It can be on this post, or about any posts you've seen thus far. Tell me what you've liked, or perhaps hints on what you'd like to see more of in future posts. I will take the names of all bloggers who leave me a comment and randomly draw for gift to be sent to you in the mail. FUN EH!!??

Thank you for taking time out of your day to stop on by AND for helping me get a terrific start to my Blogging career :o)

Off-the-stamping-topic, I wanted to share a picture of a great 'shopping find' this weekend while we were visiting St. Jacob's. I love wall art! So, for those of you that know me... I love PartyLite (actually having yet another home show on August 23rd) and they sell something like these. Sorry Christine if you're seeing this but I found these little guys for less than $10 each. Wow! Don't worry though, I'm sure I'll spend just as much $$ on wax this time around as I get ready for Fall/Winter entertaining!


Have a good one everyone!

14 comments:

GS26 said...

Personally I like my Blog Candy in Dark Chocolate... It must have something to do with my German Grandmother...

I am new to the Blog Scene and while perusing thru I got a glimpse of your blog.. So I'm leaving a comment as you requested...

Good Luck and I promise to read more before I click to the next blog...

Oh yeah, be my first comment, at thegs26report

Thx and good luck with that 4 year old...

Lisa Burns said...

Thanks GS26 - I would love to check out your Blog and leave a comment, but I tried the address below and it didn't pull anything up? Send me the full address if you'd like - I would love to stop by!
LB

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa

I think your blog is great....you are doing very well for a first time blogger !!
I check your blog at least once if not twice a day !!

Take care,
Barb Vickery

Lisa Burns said...

Thanks Barb! I know...I'm slightly addicted to Blogging now and wish I could 'post' all day :o) Thanks so much for leaving your comment!
LB

GS26 said...

Hi Lisa...

I'm kind of new to the whole Blog-nation but my site is

http://thegs26report.blogspot.com/

I just started it, so give me some time, I'm sure I'll write something more entertaining soon....

Spending the day tomorrow with my wife, so I should have a ton of material for Thursday..

hahahaha..

Thx & I'll be back

GS26

Monika said...

Congratulations on your hits! I just came across your blog and you are doing a great job! Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog through Allison at Stampin When I Can. Hope your enjoyed your time at St Jacobs. Did you visit the Scrapping Turtle? I too am from Ontario, but have yet to make it there, I've just heard great things.

Lisa Burns said...

Funny story about the scrapbooking store - I definitely tried to go in and look around. For anyone who's tried to do that with a 4 year old....IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!! From what I got to see - there were some very cool things so I will definitely be going back - without KIDs :o) Thanks for visiting Kristine!
LB

Pattyjo said...

Hello your blog is awesome! I really love the cards you made from the pick a petal set. The lady bug with the petals stamp is just adorable! I want to try that one now myself. Thanks for the inspirtation!
Thanks for the chance at the blog goodies!

Anonymous said...

Hey Neighbour...your blog is great, I visit everyday...thanks for sharing....Wheeles

Scott Franson Photography said...

You have a wonderful blog, I love your use of color.
Claudia Congratulations!

Kathy W said...

Nice combo of scrapbooking and cards. I'm glad I found your blog!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,
Congrats on the success of your blog!
I enjoy taking a moment to check it daily.

Lovin the cards and the most recent posts of the scrapbook pages. I need to get into more scrapbooking.

Just a couple of notes from what I have seen on other blogs (1. you should watermark your photos, so they don't get stolen. 2. When doing blog candy you might need to stipulate shipping costs if the winner isn't from Canada)
Have a great week

Linda SS said...

Nice blog & your cards are lovely. I really loved Snowflake Joy and what you are doing with the Baroque Motiff set.