Thursday, August 30, 2007

Where O' Where Has Lisa Been?

It's been kind of a downer week! Monday morning at work, I began to feel a bit of a tickle in my throat and chalked it up to allergy season. By the end of the work day Monday I had a full blown cold. By Wednesday, the cold found itself into my chest - GAME OVER for anyone with asthma! I managed to avoid passing out from low oxygen by overdosing on my reactive inhaler until I got in to see my family Doctor today! She gave me a dose of a steroid inhaler right in her office and monitored my oxygen levels to ensure it was coming back up! If it hadn't, I would have been paying a visit to Emerg and likely would have been admitted for a night! Since my levels seemed to improve just with the one dose at her office - she sent me home with the steriod inhaler plus 2 additional prescriptions! I've never had to take one of them 'Prednisone' before for my breathing so I'm interested in any information/opinions my readers might have on that drug. I'm already feeling like I'm on the road to recovery - thank goodness! Pretty hard to care for a 4-year old when I can't walk a flight of stairs, or finish a complete sentence without running out of breath!

So, signing off for now but just wanted to post something quickly to let you all know that I am here, and hope to have more FUN stuff to chat about in my next post :o)


This 6x6 scrapbooking sample was one that I created for a workshop last year (remember this one Angie ?)

No comments: