Sunday, August 10, 2008

Christmas In July Stamp-A-Stack Samples! Final Part!


Good Morning Everyone! It has been a very rainy weekend here in SouthWestern Ontario, but I've been ok with that since I have been getting a ton of indoor stuff done early in my vacation!

At the top of my list was house-cleaning (you know...the detailed stuff that doesn't get done from week-to-week *urrgghhh*), finalizing details for my Super Huge Surplus Sale next weekend, finishing my swap card for our BIG SU! Quarterly Meeting on Monday night ...all in addition to spending some quality time with the family! Plan that are, I'm sure, not far off from many of you!!! lol!!
I owe my Blog readers one more post from our Christmas In July Stamp-A-Stack so here are the final 2 cards we worked on at that class! The first card was CASEd directly from our Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalogue - I often get asked if I use the catalogues after they retire and my response is always 'heck yes'. I love them for all of their ideas and inspiration! The 2nd card was my own creation ... it doesn't seem to show all the detail in the picture but I'll take the girls' reaction to this one to mean they liked it! I used white cardstock & the tearing/sponging technique to create snow hills. Again, very hard to see but in the background (on the Night Of Navy cardstock), I used Lovely As A Tree to stamp (repetitive stamping) a subtle forest of trees in the snowfall using craft white ink & the Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp set.

Finally, I treated the girls to a Christmas Bag each! The bag is done using regular dollar store lunch sacks and covering them with cardstock & layers. I used one of the new HOSTESS stamp sets & the scallop punch to create the center accent! Then I filled the bag with candy! What I really like about this bag is the size of it ... while most craft bags you see are smaller and suitable for candy or chocolate, this one is large enough to hold a silk scarf or some winter gloves, a wallet for a man etc. It would be a nice sized bag to have on hand to pop little housewarming gifts in for Holiday visiting!! We are making these this month for my club night but you could also watch for an upcoming class where making these bags will be included!!

I'm having another Holiday Card class in August - check out some details on the right nav. side of my Blog under 'Upcoming Classes / Events / Fun' or pop on over to my Stampin' Up! business website by clicking going to www.lisaburn.stampinup.net and view my event calendar!
Have a great day - hoping to have yet another post today so we'll chat soon :o) Can you tell I'm on vacation now or what !?!?

No comments: