Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Fun Day Ahead!

Most importantly because today is CANADA DAY! I love this holiday as it allows us time to teach our kids all about 'why' we have such a fantastic country, and that we should never take living in it for granted!

Each year our community celebrates together, with fun activities for the kids, gatherings, fireworks, BBQs and a really fun duck race! Don't worry - no real ducks are used for the race... just the fun little plastic ducks that would typically be found in the bath tub :o)



This year is a bit different for us, in that my DH is working today and his company is giving them this coming Friday off. Great for him to get a long-weekend, but we were a little sad knowing he wasn't going to be with us for all the fun! We've established such a tradition with family on this day :o( Ah well, I've promised to take lots of pictures!



Thought I would share the little Canada Day package I made for Evan for today. I'm so lucky to work downtown London and have a dollar store right across the street in the mall so my friend and I (Hey Liz!) took a trip over on our lunch and I stocked up on Canada Day goodies! Amazing what you can get for a buck or two eh :o)

Have a fabulous day everyone. Whether you decide to take in some of your local festivities, or relax at home with family & friends...ENJOY! I'll be back later today with some exciting Stampin' Up! news - there's lots of it today!!

No comments: