Monday, January 7, 2008

Have A Heart


...full of candy!

I've made a few trips to the dollar store over the last week and picked up some really great things to work with for Valentine's Day. Here's just one. I'll try to post the others as I complete them...

I really wasn't sure about this project as I was doing it... you know when you're working on something and it just doesn't seem to be going the way you expected it to... I think I'm ok with the finished product though.

I started with the little heart shapes plastic holders from the dollar store (prefilled with pink & red jelly beans (shown below) and then used Real Red cardstock punched Scallops to line the outer part of the heart. I then covered the inner scallops with Whispering White cardstock and layered another cut out heart in Basic Grey. I used the adorable little mouse from the Happy Heart Day stamp set and popped out a pink heart with a brad! My 4 year old really liked it so I think I will make a few more for some of his friends at school :o)


Thanks for stopping by tonight - and to Deborah & Carol for coming out to scrapbook & stamp!










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is cute.
I really love the mouse!